Dedicated, knowledgeable staff are the heart of every great organization. Child First, Inc. is a rapidly growing non-profit with high energy professionals focused on providing services of the very highest quality. Our staff is committed to transforming the lives of those we serve - very young, vulnerable children and their families. Come join a team of motivated and creative individuals working together to make a difference.
Employment Opportunities at Child First National Program Office
Database Training and Support Manager - Trumbull, Connecticut
General Job Summary
The Database Training and Support Manager, a member of the Data & Quality Enhancement (QE) department, plays a critical role in supporting ongoing data collection and data management from all affiliate sites implementing the Child First model. S/he is responsible for facilitating the accurate use of the Child First Comprehensive Client Record (CFCR) system, as well as the Child First Assessment Scoring Database (ASD) by all end-users in the national Child First network. This individual is responsible for all aspects of training, including in-person training and the development of online trainings. She/he works closely with the affiliate site Clinical Directors and Child First staff to ensure that they fully understand the complete Child First electronic workflow and all data elements to be entered into CFCR, and the ASD. This individual maintains the CFCR & ASD helpdesk, providing phone and screen-sharing technical assistance and troubleshooting in a timely manner.
The Database Training and Support Manager is the primary contact for the Child First affiliates for issues pertaining to the CFCR &the ASD and distributes affiliate change and reporting requests to the appropriate members of the Data & QE department.
The Database Training and Support Manager will also support the maintenance and editing of CFCR and the ASD interfaces by working closely with other members of the Data & Quality Enhancement department. She/he will need to understand the back-end functionality of the CareLogic solution.
Key Job Responsibilities
End-User Training of CFCR and the ASD
- Facilitate all end user face-to-face and remote database training for CFCR and the ASD
- Create & modify agendas and training presentations as needed
- Prepare the CFCR certification environment by creating staff user accounts, turning on forms and functionality for sites as needed, and communicating with Qualifacts Support regarding the electronic update of staff rosters and client (fake and valid) data
- Work closely with the ASD developer regarding training and end-user needs and issues
- Share user feedback gained at training with NPO staff as appropriate
- Provide specialized trainings by staff role (e.g., supervisor or data managers) and topic (e.g., treatment plan, schedule, etc.)
- Create distance learning modules for various CFCR workflows and functionalities
- Attend to all training logistics (location, connectivity, computer configurations, food, user accounts, etc.)
- Work closely with affiliate site Clinical Directors to address logistical issues associated with CFCR Go-Live and develop plan for database implementation
- Prepare the CFCR production environment by creating staff user accounts, turning on forms and functionality for sites as needed
CFCR and ASD Support
- Provide ongoing support to CFCR and ASD users, resolving problems in a timely manner, using available technology including video conferencing, screen-sharing, phone, and e-mail
- Manage all aspects of the CFCR and ASD Helpdesk, including but not limited to, tracking and monitoring inquiries and support requests , and identifying ticket trends
- Work with the Clinical Directors, staff, and data managers at individual Child First sites to ensure that they understand all data elements to be entered into the Child First database(s) and provide technical assistance and troubleshooting
- Maintain current and thorough reference guides and instructional materials to support the ongoing use of CFCR and the ASD
- Work closely with the Data and Quality Enhancement Director to inform the appropriate members of the Child First network of new features & functionalities
- Serve as primary contact for the Child First affiliates for issues pertaining to the CFCR & the ASD
- Distribute affiliate change and reporting requests to the appropriate members of the Data & QE team
- Make recommendations to improve CFCR workflows as appropriate
- Serve as the primary liaison with Qualifacts
- Attend quarterly QSI regional meetings
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree a plus) in public health, public administration, biostatistics, social work, child development, psychology or a closely related field
- Demonstrated training experience, preferably software/EHR
- Comfortable training individuals with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in creating training materials (e.g., PowerPoint, distance learning modules)
- Demonstrated experience in the use of an Electronic Health Record database
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including familiarity with database features
- Keen analytic, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as a member of multiple teams
- A multi-tasker with the ability to respond to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet rapid deadlines
- Willingness to travel within and out of Connecticut to provide technical assistance in data collection, cleaning and database problem solving
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to the mission of Child First
Salary and Benefits
- Full-time position
- Competitive salary commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate
- Generous benefit package
- To submit an application, email a cover letter and curriculum vitae to: HR@childfirst.org
- Please place “Database Training & Support Manager” in the email’s subject heading.
Employment Opportunities at Child First Affiliate Agencies
The Village for Families and Children, Hartford, CT
Family Support Specialist
Summary: The Village is in search of a dynamic Family Support Specialist to provide intensive home-based case management services to children and families in collaboration with a Clinician. Services provided are in collaboration with DCF, schools, pediatricians, and other community-based providers. The team will be responsible for weekly reflective group supervision and maintaining documentation according to licensing, accreditation, Medicaid, and Child FIRST requirements. Purposes of services are to facilitate the attachment relationship between the child and caregiver, improve family functioning overall, and connect the child and family with the community and community service providers in a positive way. There is expected consultation and coordination care with medical and Psychiatric providers if appropriate. Must maintain productivity targets determined by the Scope of Service and remain current on all model training requirements. For more information, visit The Village website here.
Child Guidance Clinic for Central Connecticut in Meriden, CT
Summary: The Child Guidance Clinic is searching for a dynamic Clinician to provide intensive home-based services to children and families in the Child First Program. The children served range in age from prenatal to six years old. Services provided include attachment-based dyadic therapy, parenting skills training, crisis support, extensive case management, and advocacy. Child First operates from a team approach and consists of a Clinician and Care Coordinator, both of whom participate in sessions and provide treatment to families. The Clinician participates in weekly reflective individual, team and group supervision and is responsible for maintaining clinical documentation according to licensing, accreditation and Child First requirements. Services provided are in collaboration with the Department of Children and Families (DCF), schools, pediatricians, and other community-based providers. Interested candidates should e-mail resume to email@example.com or contact Leeora Netter, Clinical Director, at (203)235-5767 x. 3045 for more information.
Child First/ Kids First, Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Mental Health Developmental Clinician
Family Resource Partner
Summary: Kids First is in search of two dynamic individuals to fill the positions of a Mental Health Developmental Clinician and a Family Resource Partner.
The Child First Mental Health and Developmental Clinician works with the Family Resource Partner to engage families who are referred to the Child First home-based intervention, with the primary focus of strengthening the caregiver-child relationship, so that it serves both as a protective buffer to unavoidable stress and directly facilitates the child's emotional, language, and cognitive growth. The Clinician uses trauma-informed CPP, a relationship-based, dyadic, parent-child treatment model, which focuses on the primary attachment relationships of the young child.
The Family Resource Partner collaborates with the Clinician in the crucial role of stabilizing the entire family system, while the Clinician provides psychotherapeutic caregiver-child intervention to facilitate and enhance this critical relationship. For more information on both positions, refer to the job descriptions below.
Interested candidates should contact, Rhonda Morris, at 252-338-5658.
Child First/Easter Seals UCP North Carolina
Child First Therapist
Summary: Child First is seeking to fill the position of a full time therapist in Greenville, North Carolina. The selected candidate will engage with children and families in their homes for the duration of treatment/therapy. In addition, s/he will provide Child First home-based psychotherapeutic intervention with young children and their caregivers using relational, dyadic psychotherapy (CPP) and other modalities. See the attached job description for more details.
ChildFirst Clinician Easter Seals UCP North Carolina.pdf